Small businesses and local companies rarely invest on digital marketing, thinking that this is simply another drain in their resource. A common myth is that online marketing is expensive and should, therefore, be left for large companies that have the finances to make it possible.
However, this is far from the truth. You will find that digital marketing actually comes with heaps of benefits for local companies’ more than large ones. If you are the owner of a small ongoing concern, here is what you should know about marketing your products and services online:
What Is It Exactly?
When you hear the word ‘digital marketing,’ the first thing that comes to mind is the Internet and essentially the development of your own website. However, marketing through the internet is so much more than that and it’s actually quite possible to cover some or all of them, depending on the resources you have available.
Here’s what you should know about online promotion.
- Social Media – this involves the use of platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others. It’s one of the most cost-effective marketing methods today and is perfect for small companies.
- SEO – short for Search Engine Optimization, this is the most powerful marketing technique today.
- Blogs – makes use of domains like Blogger and WordPress.
- Video – this involves uploading helpful/informational videos through YouTube and other video domains
- Pay Per Click – PPC marketing, according to Disruptive Advertising, is the display of your banners/ads through different websites and paying the host whenever a client clicks on the advertisement.
- Email Marketing – sending promotional emails to a ‘list’ of people on a routine basis
Digital marketing may be the future of small businesses – but how exactly do you start with it? You can always open up social media accounts and start optimizing them for your clients to boost your online presence. If you really want to make an impact, however, you have to hire a company that specializes in local digital marketing.